Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Interactive Investor new research account
deepblue
Posted: 09 June 2018 08:46:38(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This weekend Interactive Investor (ii) are launching their new (free) virtual portfolio / research account website ii.co.uk replacing their longstanding platform.

I've been an avid user of this for 20 years (although not a trading customer with ii) and I suspect there are many like me who may not be ii trading customers but who avail themselves of this research account to track actual or potential portfolios and to carry out fund and share research (try it if you havnt!)

So I'm watching what the new site will be like when it goes live I think on Monday 11th June. I'll post my comments and maybe others who have been used to the old site will say what they like or not about the new site!

ii have been doing good customer discussions about this during the design work for the site so lets hope the features we have got used to migrate ok... as will existing portfolios - some may be many and large in number ... carry across accurately.

Malcolm Beaton
Posted: 09 June 2018 09:14:48(UTC)

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Avid user also-Research Account only
Tried to log in today
Did not recognise me
Reset a new password and then reached main site
Personal Note for me on site saying work on my account in progress-my account not available at the moment
Interesting to see how they get on
xxd09
Ermintrade
Posted: 09 June 2018 15:06:06(UTC)

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I just logged in using my email address; had to change my password. But now seems OK. The usual research articles are found well down the home page. I also recommend this site as a good source of interesting info and ideas.
Regards
ermintrade
NTC1945
Posted: 09 June 2018 15:09:01(UTC)

Lots of data missing and seemingly some errors in updating prices. Would be good to be able to customise displays more.
Malcolm Beaton
Posted: 09 June 2018 16:29:47(UTC)

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Portfolio items now all present
No categories for cash and other non equity/bond investments as there was before
Or is there a way of adding them that I cannot see?
xxd09
deepblue
Posted: 10 June 2018 21:32:45(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
So far so disappointing. Massively inferior to the old site. Early days maybe it will come right, but there's many unhappy users and I can see why as much of the functionality has gone and data essential for research is missing.

Many funds are no longer supported or only as different classes of the same fund so migrated entries in portfolios may be shown as unavailable. There's no ability to add a cash holding. Many features of the old site are missing.

ii have so far greatly disappointed their many long term users with this new offering.
2 users thanked deepblue for this post.
sandid3 on 11/06/2018(UTC), dlp6666 on 11/06/2018(UTC)
Richard Shaw
Posted: 11 June 2018 09:20:45(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I used the old research site for several years, and am also a trading customer of II. I didn't have high expectations of this change, as there was very little wrong with the old site.

It has migrated my previous research portfolio across correctly, but I noticed immediately that some charting functionality has been lost: no ability to draw trend lines or indicators.

I can't see any benefit to this change. I do wish they'd leave things alone. If it ain't broke...
Nigel Meek
Posted: 11 June 2018 12:45:48(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Usual utter b****up from II. Cannot access my Research Account as it doesn't recognise my login. Tried hitting the "Reset Password" button, still to receive email 72 hours later showing how to reset password. Why do they even bother?? Same rubbish when the integrated the TD "service".

At least I can access my Trading Account, but for how much longer?!?
2 users thanked Nigel Meek for this post.
F1David on 11/06/2018(UTC), dlp6666 on 11/06/2018(UTC)
Cardeulis
Posted: 11 June 2018 12:51:16(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
They seem to have lost all my research account data. Lots of useful history built up over nearly 20 years of use have just gone. Absolutely furious with them!
2 users thanked Cardeulis for this post.
F1David on 11/06/2018(UTC), dlp6666 on 11/06/2018(UTC)
martin verlaine
Posted: 11 June 2018 13:29:31(UTC)

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Have to say I have used this site for a few years without being a member and it has always struck me as being concise and full of easily accessible ( and intelligent) articles which aid research or just keeping up to date on what is happening during the day I was thinking of opening an account when they had got past the TDW debacle but that is now a definitive ' No'

Having looked at the new site I find much of the user friendliness and quick look up has now gone and whilst I am by no means a stick in the mud. this really seems to have gone the wrong way and it is time Providers stopped tinkering with something that works and replacing it with something that, it seems from the site itself, is not liked by members.

I am sure a return to the old site will not happen but this really is a case of ' if it is not broken do not fix it'
3 users thanked martin verlaine for this post.
Guest on 11/06/2018(UTC), sandid3 on 11/06/2018(UTC), F1David on 11/06/2018(UTC)
Lenny
Posted: 11 June 2018 13:37:12(UTC)

What a total disaster the new site which came live today. Some of my prices were not available. The column for profit or loss as disappeared. What ever were they thinking of when they from a brilliant easy to use site to this awful alternative.

Any suggestions on better alternative sites?
stephen daniels
Posted: 11 June 2018 15:47:10(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Why are we subjected to all these changes which just provides us with a worse service. Like a lot of users I had to log in via changing my password. Then I can’t a bid/offer price, no announcement on main page whilst you have to log in the individual share to get turnover and finally announcements. Tell me this will improve please.
1 user thanked stephen daniels for this post.
F1David on 11/06/2018(UTC)
RAR
Posted: 11 June 2018 16:24:31(UTC)

The original site before these changes had the best functionality - bulletin board for an individual stock, with chart, bid-offer, news (RNS etc.) in one place. Now it's a total mess. I like many had to reset password, to my horror, I replied to a poster as I couldn't see how to 'do' an original post, my reply showed part of my email address right up to the @ - as the posters name, instead of the nickname.

The upshot of that is that anyone with malicious intent then can add a provider - gmail for example and email me - possibly putting in a worm or some such that will potentially damage my trading account.

And sure enough this morning I'm deleting emails sent to me because of this

To me that is nothing short of criminal negligence and we should get recompence, I would like to see a class action against them.

99% of the posts I read were condemning the 'upgrade' with lists of functions now all gone, like contributers here, the virtual portfolios contained valid info of all sorts now gone.

Many people like me are looking elsewhere for a new trading platform
Nicholas Weston
Posted: 11 June 2018 17:21:14(UTC)

Been with this platform a few years now both trading and virtual account. I was not all that impressed when they changed the trading account last Jan but the new research account is a joke. I love the way they say they have re-designed this from feed back from our clients. So the "clients" have asked for a platform which will only accept investments that interactive has access to and any other investments they have (which were available on the old portfolio) cannot be transferred in? They did not want cash recorded? What a load of ......
Half my investments are now "unavailable" even though five of them are in my trading account. I phoned them up this morning and the guy assured me they have had no complaints about data not being transferred!! I am now looking at This is the Money "power portfolio.
A Wilson
Posted: 11 June 2018 18:38:54(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The new platform is rubbish I have been with ii for many years and will be moving elsewhere I have already opened account with IWeb and wil be running down my ii holdings
SinginTheBlues
Posted: 11 June 2018 19:41:28(UTC)

Shot themselves in both feet with both barrels as far as I'm concerned. I can't think of a single good thing to say about the new system.
Alan O
Posted: 11 June 2018 20:28:31(UTC)

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 15 post(s)
The new site is not a patch on the old. My Virtual Portfolios, where I monitor performance, have been migrated across but all my Funds are showing "unavailable". I gather from posters on other forums that ii are only supplying data for funds that can be bought on their platform so if you hold a Class that they don't sell, then no data will be provided.

The RNS feed for shares can only be reached by clicking on the individual shares rather than being displayed at the overview page. Discussions can only be reached by drilling down to the individual shares whereas it was quite clear when a new comment had been added before at the overview page.

The cynic in me says that ii want to get rid of all the discussions not really related to shares that were filling up their servers. Probably successful in that.
Apostate
Posted: 11 June 2018 20:43:38(UTC)

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 33 post(s)
before I waste any energy signing up does the research account offer anything you can't already get for free from HL, Morningstar, Trustnet, etc. ?
Antony A
Posted: 11 June 2018 23:13:07(UTC)

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I too feel the new II site is a disaster: it's useless without RNS or Discussion updates on the overview page, and the new Discussion Forum site is really tricky to use. II seemed to be consulting users during the development phase but even basic User Acceptance Testing before launch appears almost completely lacking. II has severely hacked off a huge proportion of its user base, and for what real purpose? The new site is not a patch on the old one.

Where do people reckon disgruntled II investors should move their SIPPs and ISAs to? What sites do people use for research, for monitoring real and dummy portfoilios, tracking RNSs, and for discussion forums ?
Sara G
Posted: 12 June 2018 07:44:41(UTC)

Was thanked: 1290 time(s) in 469 post(s)
Antony and others... just to emphasise that the changes to the research account have not impacted trading accounts. I have my main SIPP with ii but have never used the research account, so it isn't an issue for me, and I don't find it necessary to do my research on the same platform. I would advise anyone considering moving their trading accounts in protest to pause and reflect first, as transferring is potentially costly (and stressful!).

For research I use... the LSE, HL, Morningstar mainly, and have just discovered Simply Wall Street which looks interesting. There is a free learner account which may meet most of my needs.
1 user thanked Sara G for this post.
Fell Walker on 12/06/2018(UTC)
2 Pages12Next page
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets