Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!



Finance Qualifications
k mc d
Posted: 07 May 2018 22:15:02(UTC)

Joined: 18/12/2014(UTC)
Posts: 29

Thanks: 30 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi folks.
Just a quick query for some of the financially qualified.
I'm due to start an MSc in Global Investment Management next year - at 40. My undergrad degree was in Social Policy and Criminology. I eventually want to work towards an IFA; but plan to work towards a paraplanner in the first instance to gain experience and the skills required.
My main query is whether I should do the actual MSc which will have a work placement with 1 of the investment/ accountancy firms/ banks in Belfast at a cost of £6100. Or should I study independently towards Certificate in Paraplanning with CII which works out about £1200, or even the DipFA with LIBF at £800?
I don't want to fork out £6100 if I can independently study at a lower cost but do realise that it could be hard to gain employment without the work experience the placement would give me.
+ Reply to discussion


Other markets