Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Interactive Investor Review 2018
Lets-trade-Neil
Posted: 13 February 2018 22:15:51(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I wanted to share my views on III.co.uk...

I have been a customer since 2010 and although they do the same as every other share dealer, I found their fee's to be quite high. II charge a quarterly fee of £20, so when I got the message saying it is rising again to £22.50 (totaling £90 per year) I decided to move to another company.

I found a new company to hold my shares and they requested to II to move my shares over, however this is where the slow process began. I contacted the customer services no less than 32 times to try and move the process along and finally after 14 weeks they finally got my shares moved over - It seems like they do all in their power to keep your shares, which is quite annoying to say the least.

At first they had told me that there was also a fee of £15 per set shares to transfer out. These fee's were stealthy imposed, although they are meant to notify you in writing, this was never done so (so just be careful you understand all their fee's before joining, as there are a lot). Eventually these were waived, but to be honest I would have rather paid them and had a quicker transfer out.

Generally I have found their fee’s quite high now that I have shopped around with the following applying;

£10 per trade (I just found iWeb do it £5).
£22.50 quarterly fee.
£15 Transfer out fee.

I recommend doing your research first, there are many better and cheaper companies out there.

Sorry for the negative review, but I hope this can help others in making the right choice....
1 user thanked Lets-trade-Neil for this post.
dlp6666 on 14/02/2018(UTC)
WillemvR
Posted: 16 February 2018 15:09:44(UTC)

Who did you move to?
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets