Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Fraud advice Olisson Capital
Iain MacDonald
Posted: 08 January 2018 13:56:16(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I stupidly made an investment of £300 with Olsson Capital, to trade in bitcoin etc. Now when I made the the payment, my bank called and advised to be careful, stupidly I carried on and I authorized the £300 payment.
Next morning when I switched on computer and checked things at Olson Capital, I noticed they have taken another, f £750 plus £1000.
This has been taken with no input from me.
I have now notified my bank and cancelled my card.
Is their anything I can do to claim this money back ??
I find it strange that when you authorize one payment, it then gives the company power to take what they want ?
Also the company Olossen Capital, have sent me document to sign regarding my payment. My bank has advised me sign nothing. Is this correct.
What can I do now ?
In reality is their any chance I will get repaid ???
Pierre PG
Posted: 30 January 2018 12:08:19(UTC)

I'm sure I've seen this exact comment on another site under a different user name??

So I'm not sure how legit this story is??

I just posted these links on another thread - but read the review sites and not comments from users who have only posted once on a forum...

https://cybermentors.org...iew-crypto-cfd-trading/

https://www.top10binaryr.../review/olsson-capital/

scambroker.com/olsson-capital/

https://top10binarydemo..../review/olsson-capital/
AJW
Posted: 30 January 2018 12:22:35(UTC)

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Pierre, you've posted defensively about this company on multiple posts. Do you have an links to the company to disclose?
1 user thanked AJW for this post.
Tim D on 30/01/2018(UTC)
Pierre PG
Posted: 30 January 2018 13:27:26(UTC)

Haha, no links AJW!

I've only commented about Olsson twice. I have an interest in CFDs in general, but I do use them as a broker - so I am at a loss when people claim they are a scam.
Iain MacDonald
Posted: 13 February 2018 10:40:45(UTC)

Pierre.

It will make no difference how many sites this has been posted. these people Olsson Capital are CHEATS.

All my original post is genuine.

I made the original £300 myself, and stupidly told my bank to go through with the payment.

Next day £750 taken then £1000.

On phone you get threw to the secretary and very rarely do you get reply.

Then after posting on another forum a member of Olsson Capital team came online and said he would help me. As of yet, NO HELP, only bla bla.

I feel it is correct to inform folks of CHEATS out their. I find it strange you come to their defense.
It would be interesting to find ANY customers with any positive results from this company.

Should ant thing change in my situation I will inform, but for the moment I stand by my word,
Olsson Capital are cheats.
Alan Selwood
Posted: 15 February 2018 13:24:14(UTC)

Was thanked: 4482 time(s) in 1624 post(s)
Needless to say, anyone clicking on the above link supplied by "davidbrown" should first carry out an independent search of the internet for this company (and alternatives), and verify :
a) That it's a genuine website
b) That the website posts a UK address and contact number
c) That you can look up the address in google maps and see what sort of building they say they are operating from (caravan sites, 5th floor of downmarket tenement buildings and similar are a bad indicator!)
d) That they are listed at Companies House and look for a long period of existence and that they have filed at least 2 recent sets of accounts on time
e) What the level of fees is that they charge, and whether upfront, ongoing, after successful claim, or whatever. Beware of initial, non-refundable fees.
f) Whether there are free government alternatives that are cheaper, have fewer strings attached, and more likely to reply to calls when you need them.
1 user thanked Alan Selwood for this post.
Nigel G on 15/02/2018(UTC)
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets