Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Looking to start investing £3000 a month
King Lodos
Posted: 10 February 2018 12:14:03(UTC)

Was thanked: 3414 time(s) in 1356 post(s)
I should've said it's £1,000/month, not £1,000/year.

Open an ISA account with Vanguard, and go for the Vanguard Global All Cap Index Fund or FTSE All-World UCITS ETF. (I don't know if their charges differ for funds vs ETFs?)

You can't really go wrong doing that .. Jack Bogle (Vanguard founder) favours funds and the US market only – so he's probably go for Vanguard U.S. Equity Index Fund .. But the Global and All-World funds give you that, PLUS the rest of the world .. You could read The Little Book of Common Sense Investing for a full rundown of index investing, and to give you the knowledge and confidence to stick with it
1 user thanked King Lodos for this post.
Mr Gold on 10/02/2018(UTC)
chubby bunny
Posted: 10 February 2018 12:42:31(UTC)

Was thanked: 277 time(s) in 134 post(s)
King Lodos;56874 wrote:
Open an ISA account with Vanguard, and go for the Vanguard Global All Cap Index Fund or FTSE All-World UCITS ETF. (I don't know if their charges differ for funds vs ETFs?)

0.15% capped at £375/year. Buying/selling ETFs is free using their 'standard bulk dealing service', but £7.50 if you want to 'quote and deal'.
1 user thanked chubby bunny for this post.
King Lodos on 10/02/2018(UTC)
Mr Gold
Posted: 10 February 2018 22:20:40(UTC)

King Lodos;56874 wrote:
I should've said it's £1,000/month, not £1,000/year.

You can't really go wrong doing that .. Jack Bogle (Vanguard founder) favours funds and the US market only – so he's probably go for Vanguard U.S. Equity Index Fund .. But the Global and All-World funds give you that, PLUS the rest of the world .. You could read The Little Book of Common Sense Investing for a full rundown of index investing, and to give you the knowledge and confidence to stick with it

[img]null[/img]

Is the FTSE Global All Cap Index Fund Accumulation the same as the Global all cap index fund ?
3 PagesPrevious page123
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets