Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Interactive Investor (iii) and TDW website/app issues
Sara G
Posted: 06 January 2018 18:14:25(UTC)

Was thanked: 1290 time(s) in 469 post(s)
philip gosling;55077 wrote:

Hopefully Halifax for the ISAs and HL.co.UK for the SIPP (free instead of 0.45% if you uses their ready portfolios.), will be better than II is now.

Philip, I don't think that's correct... the 0.45% platform fee still applies according to their website:

In fact, as the Ready Made Portfolios are comprised of the HL Multi-Manager funds, you're actually paying 3 sets of charges: the platform fee, the charge for the funds, and the underlying fund charges. Extract as follows:

"Only the standard Vantage account charges and those of the underlying funds. There are no additional charges for HL Portfolio+ and no charge to rebalance the holdings.

The Vantage account charge is an administration charge to hold funds in the Vantage Service. Our charge is tiered within bands and will be 0.45% per annum on the first £250,000 of funds within each Vantage account, 0.25% per annum on the value of funds between £250,000 and £1m, 0.1% per annum on the value of funds between £1m and £2m, and no charge on the value of funds over £2m.

Like any fund, each HL Multi-Manager fund has an ongoing charge (OCF/TER). The ongoing charge (OCF/TER) for the portfolios are as follows as of 31/10/2017:

Portfolio name Ongoing charge (OCF/TEF)
Adventurous Income 1.36%
Balanced Income 1.33%
Conservative Income 1.32%
Adventurous Growth 1.48%
Balanced Growth 1.45%
Conservative Growth 1.36%
Please note - the ongoing charge (OCF/TER) will vary over time dependent on the relative performance of the funds held within each portfolio."
1 user thanked Sara G for this post.
philip gosling on 13/01/2018(UTC)
Harry Trout
Posted: 06 January 2018 18:51:59(UTC)

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 48 post(s)
A rather tenuous point to flow on from this but Hargreaves Lansdown don't charge the 0.45% platform fee for holding their own shares.

I don't recall any HL shareholders on this forum and so will not anticipate being showered in petals and garlands for mentioning it !!

It's worth a few bob to me per year though.
Tug Boat
Posted: 06 January 2018 19:18:41(UTC)

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Yes they do
Harry Trout
Posted: 06 January 2018 19:30:27(UTC)

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Tug Boat;55083 wrote:
Yes they do

They don't charge me or Mrs Trout. I have double checked our ISA and SIPP.

I was referring to holding shares in Hargreaves Lansdown itself not holding units in their multi manager funds.
philip gosling
Posted: 07 January 2018 00:50:21(UTC)

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Sara G;55080 wrote:
philip gosling;55077 wrote:

Hopefully Halifax for the ISAs and HL.co.UK for the SIPP (free instead of 0.45% if you uses their ready portfolios.), will be better than II is now.

Philip, I don't think that's correct... the 0.45% platform fee still applies according to their website:

In fact, as the Ready Made Portfolios are comprised of the HL Multi-Manager funds, you're actually paying 3 sets of charges: the platform fee, the charge for the funds, and the underlying fund charges. Extract as follows:

"Only the standard Vantage account charges and those of the underlying funds. There are no additional charges for HL Portfolio+ and no charge to rebalance the holdings.

Sarah g,

Oops! Bestinvest SIPP not Hl. Sorry for Senior moment but thanks for your spotting it.

The Vantage account charge is an administration charge to hold funds in the Vantage Service. Our charge is tiered within bands and will be 0.45% per annum on the first £250,000 of funds within each Vantage account, 0.25% per annum on the value of funds between £250,000 and £1m, 0.1% per annum on the value of funds between £1m and £2m, and no charge on the value of funds over £2m.

Like any fund, each HL Multi-Manager fund has an ongoing charge (OCF/TER). The ongoing charge (OCF/TER) for the portfolios are as follows as of 31/10/2017:

Portfolio name Ongoing charge (OCF/TEF)
Adventurous Income 1.36%
Balanced Income 1.33%
Conservative Income 1.32%
Adventurous Growth 1.48%
Balanced Growth 1.45%
Conservative Growth 1.36%
Please note - the ongoing charge (OCF/TER) will vary over time dependent on the relative performance of the funds held within each portfolio."

Bigbird
Posted: 16 January 2018 13:23:17(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Secure message facility on my account has been down for around 10 days now depite raising the issue with them.

Happened immediately after I declared intention to transfer! Funny that.
Bigbird
Posted: 16 January 2018 13:24:47(UTC)

So when is the deadline to transfer to another broker to avoid the penal transfer charges?
Jon Bennet
Posted: 01 February 2018 10:01:12(UTC)

Steve Cameron;54805 wrote:
Since Interactive Investor rolled out their new platform I have struggled to find basic information regarding my shareholdings and dividend issues.

I have sent some messages regarding the site but the answers do not fill me with confidence. I posted a review on Trustpilot when I was happy with the service (4 stars) since reduced to 2 stars. The 4 star review got a response from Julie Baxter but not the 2 star one!

My list of gripes include
1) The faff of having 2 apps and effectively 2 sites to navigate - one for TRADING and one for RESEARCH. What is the point of that? It's just wasting my time.

2) I no longer receive notice of dividends coming in. I used to receive a secure message and could see full details of the dividend credit.

3) Not all shares are on the dividend reinvestment list. It is restricted now to FTSE 350 and their definition of popular shares..

4) The price has gone up while the service has been reduced. Ah yes but you get more trades, whether you want them or not.

5) The apps frequently crash on the iPhone.

6) The apps are less secure, no longer offering fingerprint recognition.

7) The layout is garish and far harder to read on an iPhone. There must have been very little testing of human factors.

That's all for now. Please feel free to add to the list.

Very happy with the old ii but now can't wait to leave. Completely messing up my SIPP with Dividend Reinvestment disbarment.
philip gosling
Posted: 02 February 2018 17:23:21(UTC)

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Almost gone from Interactive Investor phew! - My wife and My ISAs have now moved to Halifax except for a small amount of cash left behind in my ISA? They were moved "in specie" . However, I sold all my SIPP holdings to make the transfer to BESTINVEST SIPP quicker by cash and nothing has happened - amazing. I guess Interactive Investor have enough to worry about improving their poor current service levels for those customers staying as opposed to getting my now CASH SIPP moved to BESTINVEST. Hope service improves for those who stay.
Andrew James
Posted: 02 February 2018 17:38:56(UTC)

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 25 post(s)
It is obvious that Interactive Investor made a complete hash of merging the business with TDW and launching the new website (which I actually think would be an improvement, if it worked properly). They seem to have been totally overwhelmed by the admin involved and the response times are simply awful.

I am still trying to complete a SIPP transfer to them that kicked off last June and which has been a painful experience throughout. The last asset to be transferred was a significant cash balance that should have moved across in early December. Still not done (not clear where the cash actually is) and no substantive responses to secure messages and a formal complaint stretching back to last December. I was told last week that responses are often taking over six weeks because of the volume of messages. You would have thought that management would have got a grip and brought in extra resource, as well as telling clients what is going on, rather than issuing bland and misleading assurances that all is OK when demonstrably it is not. The worst admin I have ever encountered - and I have seen some shockers. Next stop the Ombudsman and the press, I suppose.
UK_Doc_Cambridge
Posted: 07 February 2018 21:22:41(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello

Awful awful awful. And getting worse.

I have been very happy with iii since I started investing but it is now hopeless.

Constant problems.

The main one is that I do nearly all of my buying using their regular investor and I cannot buy a huge range of UK listed stocks, RMMC and CES1 being examples. I can buy them using their usual buy mechanism.

I have sent endless messages asking why and keep getting back bizarre replies about market cap being too low for dividend reinvestment, or not being able to buy non UK listed stocks as regular investments, and other irrelevant responses.

Moreover, I just can't get the new website to work for me. I find it impossible to work out whether I am up or down overall. It is very opaque and hard to keep track, I find.

I've given up trying to complain. How do I move, and where to?

Thanks

R
1 user thanked UK_Doc_Cambridge for this post.
Ron Dawes on 09/02/2018(UTC)
uhm
Posted: 08 February 2018 22:26:05(UTC)

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Apart from cash balances appearing and partially disappearing (they sometimes vanish on the main valuation summary line but are still there if you look under the 'cash' tab) I can't say I have had any problems yet.

They missed the first month's DD into my SIPP but they seem to have that set up now as it went in this month. Other then that it seems ok so far, but I don't do very much with my account and don't use any research as I mainly stick to Vanguard trackers. The monthly investment has worked fine so far.

I suppose they owe me an easy time now as compensation for the waiting and phoning when I initially transferred to them from HL. They may not be as efficient as HL with their admin but I think the cost saving has been worth it.

I also have an account with AJ Bell and would transfer that to II to save even more, but the punitive charges - and the hassle - that I would have to pay AJB put me off.
1 user thanked uhm for this post.
Sara G on 09/02/2018(UTC)
Ron Dawes
Posted: 09 February 2018 07:31:01(UTC)

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 11 post(s)
"3) Not all shares are on the dividend reinvestment list. It is restricted now to FTSE 350 and their definition of popular shares."

So that is the reason. I'm somewhat surprised as a couple of ETF's I hold are included in the list but some others are not.
I've also had problems. I've been with II for over 10 years but am seriously thinking of leaving. I am slowly getting to grips with the new layout on the website. but miss some previously useful features.
They no longer do auto pay away of dividends. It has to be done manually which they have manged to complicate that process as well.
I can no longer see the average price paid for a share. I have to work it out manually.
I can no longer have dividend re-investment on all of my holdings. I couldn't work out why that was. II told me they longer offered this service on funds and AIM stocks and had no plans to change but I don't hold either of these.
I couldn't add to one of my holdings as there is no KID document but it is available for dividend re-investment!
Apart from dividend re-investment I trade only rarely and am very disappointed.
1 user thanked Ron Dawes for this post.
Steve Cameron on 22/02/2018(UTC)
UK_Doc_Cambridge
Posted: 09 February 2018 08:43:10(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Exactly my experience Ron.
1 user thanked UK_Doc_Cambridge for this post.
Ron Dawes on 09/02/2018(UTC)
Bigbird
Posted: 22 February 2018 16:51:41(UTC)

Add:
- Regular monthly investments failing to be collected on time (the debit card and direct debit systems seem incompatible causing systems problems)
- Regular trades failing to trade
- Incorrectly computed ISA allowances
- Erased regular monthly investment instructions
- Inability to set-up (or restate) regular monthly investment instructions for certain ETFs as securities cannot be found (all previously invested in with ii)
- slow handling of complaint sent by letter

I feel I shall soon be referring to the Financial ombudsman Service.

All very frustrating, especially when one sees them all smiling here:
http://www.iii.co.uk/about-us
(click on executive and board links)

2 users thanked Bigbird for this post.
Steve Cameron on 22/02/2018(UTC), Ron Dawes on 23/02/2018(UTC)
Poosie
Posted: 02 March 2018 06:47:29(UTC)

I am struggling to find access to Account History on the mobile ii app.
Can anyone help please?
Brian Keely
Posted: 21 March 2018 21:58:10(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This company has seriously gone down hill.

I noted issues before on the platform with my funds showing as zero and I was unable to trade. This happened on numerous occasions and despite me constantly raising this as an issue was never resolved. Now after their merger with TD they transferred over half my ISA to another provider without my authorisation. They've actually completed a transfer request 7 months after I submitted it. Despite me later cancelling it. I raised it as a complaint today and no one had the courtesy to call me back. I'm livid!
1 user thanked Brian Keely for this post.
Ron Dawes on 22/03/2018(UTC)
Bigbird
Posted: 22 March 2018 10:12:47(UTC)

Good luck with your complaint Brian. I raised mine in Jan 2018 and it is still not fully resolved, although to be fair some progress has been made mainly with manual fixes to trading problems. There has been no formal written response at all to date.

Yes, their systems have serious problems currently. I've now had two (£1k plus) erronious and unexpected direct debits made to my bank account that have taken me overdrawn. The money has not appeared in my account and after three days and numerous communications, they have not repaid it yet!

I feel a lot of complaints will go to the ombudsman. I am about to do so when I can spare the few hours that will no doubt "steal" from my life.

All very frustrating.

2 PagesPrevious page12
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets