Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Is it possible to make a good income online?
AmberG
Posted: 22 February 2014 06:00:57(UTC)

Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if there were any people making a good income online? As everything I have tried before gives very little for a lot of my time or is just a complete scam! :(
Thank you in advance!
Daniel Oliveira
Posted: 04 April 2014 17:42:57(UTC)

Hi Amber,

I was looking for new ways of making money online, and I found your topic, so I'll share two cool ways of making a profit everymonth.

Let me know what you think!

http://www.2options.org/

http://www.sportstactic.com/

Cheers!
Davos
Posted: 07 April 2014 14:23:05(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hmm.. the very best of luck with either of those two suggestions.
Recently Redundant and Retired
Posted: 07 April 2014 14:54:14(UTC)

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 69 post(s)
AmberG;23298 wrote:
Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if there were any people making a good income online? As everything I have tried before gives very little for a lot of my time or is just a complete scam! :(
Thank you in advance!

It's one of the rules of life: you make your wealth from working, not investing, unless you're investing OPM. Most investors are just battling against inflation, those who make anything worthwhile spend a lot of time and effort researching and balancing risk.
As you say, the internet is awash with scammers trying to make their fortune out of you, take care and good luck.
Clive B
Posted: 07 April 2014 15:18:37(UTC)

Was thanked: 172 time(s) in 100 post(s)
"It's one of the rules of life: you make your wealth from working, not investing"

Speaking purely for myself, I question that, certainly over the past 5-6 years.
1 user thanked Clive B for this post.
JohnR on 25/08/2016(UTC)
Daniel Oliveira
Posted: 07 April 2014 15:21:17(UTC)

Recently Redundant and Retired;23928 wrote:
AmberG;23298 wrote:
Thank you in advance!

It's one of the rules of life: you make your wealth from working, not investing, unless you're investing OPM. Most investors are just battling against inflation, those who make anything worthwhile spend a lot of time and effort researching and balancing risk.
As you say, the internet is awash with scammers trying to make their fortune out of you, take care and good luck.

I agree with you Davos, but there's a lot of students and unemployed people who can make some money to help with expenses.

I found this 2 ways very helpful, and have a part-time job as well, but both http://www.2options.org/ and http://www.sportstactic.com/ allow me some extra money for holidays, gas, ensurance..

So I recommend, you can easily understand that they are genuine ways to make some money.

Cheers!
Jeremy Bosk
Posted: 07 April 2014 16:03:44(UTC)

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 128 post(s)
To make a decent income without a lot of work you need a lot of capital from winning the lottery or having dead relatives with generous wills.

Otherwise you either get a high paying job - education, persistence, luck, experience etcetera. Then you magically avoid redundancy, ill health and other financial disasters. Or you put less effort into work but more into saving and learning investment skills which you put into practice over (probably) decades. You spend hours every week monitoring and learning.

Either way, it helps if you are interested in what you are doing, diligent and methodical. High intelligence is a bonus but not essential.
5 users thanked Jeremy Bosk for this post.
J Thomas on 07/04/2014(UTC), Guest on 24/04/2014(UTC), Tony Peterson on 16/09/2015(UTC), c brown on 16/09/2015(UTC), Guest on 07/07/2016(UTC)
Income Investor
Posted: 11 April 2014 07:01:56(UTC)

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Jeremy

I agree entirely - develop your employable 'human capital', use your income to build up investment capital and learn how to invest successfully.

As the icing on the cake, you could try to get made redundant when you are ready to retire - it produces a nice tax-free sum :-)

Jeremy Bosk
Posted: 11 April 2014 18:53:55(UTC)

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 128 post(s)
Income Investor

The redundancy was mistimed in my case - six years too early :-(

I get my OAP this summer.
gggggg hjhjkl;'
Posted: 13 April 2014 17:17:03(UTC)

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 17 post(s)
"As the icing on the cake, you could try to get made redundant when you are ready to retire - it produces a nice tax-free sum "

Exactly what I did at 50 and I have never looked back!!

Recently Redundant and Retired
Posted: 14 April 2014 13:26:34(UTC)

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 69 post(s)
AmberG;23298 wrote:
Thank you in advance!

Back to the OP, you could try importing in bulk or buying bankruptcy stock and selling online, through eBay to begin and expand if it flies. I have a niece who did this, she and her husband ended up packing in their day jobs to run it. Not an easy job to begin, then it gets harder. Also you need start-up money and may end up with a garage full of unsold rat-traps, hoola hoops or baby clothes. Do your research, avoid perishable goods.
GiltEdgedInvestor
Posted: 19 April 2014 14:54:46(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Mystery shopping gives not so much a lot of income, fees are pretty flat these days, but it gives a lot of freebies - and I'm talking about

For six years I didn't pay for a haircut (average one every six months, save £35 a time)
I didn't pay for a car wash (one a month) £5.50 (of course I had the hot wax and under wash!)
I had £10 of petrol every time I used one
I had meals in pubs/drinks in pubs - paid for
I had bottles of wine/clothes - paid for or sent back and get the money back
I had all the stamps and stationary I could use

So, free lunches, cheap car use, and the odd bonus (I could earn £200 a weekend doing car purchase mystery shops but boy, the paperwork was epic and the online input is a real dog.)

NEVER pay to join a mystery shopping company. Never never NEVER!

Good places to start are
Gapbuster
Optimum
MarketForce
DQM
Bare Associates

You will be self employed, except for Data Quality Management, they send me a coding notice every year even though I've not done it since 2010 still. DQM are a nice company to work for.

Typically, you can do a mortgage advice visit and earn about £40 for an hours work plus half an hour paperwork.
Gap pay reliably but pay rubbish - High Street Burgers, stamp shops (it's traditional not to discuss fees and actual shops or which mysing co does which shops online) supermarkets are about £5 for doing it and you usually get the money you need to actually fulfil the brief as well.

Marketforce are desperate to shift betting shop jobs, I notice.

I had a boob job visit once that paid me £100. It was a one-off.

The Inland Revenue may not want to bother inflicting even a short SA on you, you will have so little money going through it - I made about £500 a year but did a lot better than that in reality. Worth giving them a ring, £2k income is about where they get properly interested.

I only do a job if I need the product and can get the mileage to pay the bus fare. Recently did an eye test and needed it anyway, that sort of thing.

You need an internet connection, decent grammar, a camera of some sort, and a good memory.

Imagine walking into Woolworths, as was. You'd note the time you walk in, and have to speak to at least two people, so wait until you are noticed or approach if not, and remember the query you must raise plus what they look like and their name badge. Also you note how clean the floor is, and if all the lights are working. Then you go to the till, having spent the £5 spend they have allowed (I bought stationery - you get through a lot of printing when you mystery shop)and remember what's said and what the till op looked like/clothing and how long you queued. Then you have to note what time you left. Take photo's off the shop to prove you where there, and of the receipt ,and email it to them. Input the results online - the questions are pretty leading so it's not quite the memory feat you might imagine - you concentrate on name badges, descriptions and did they do everything they should have according to your brief?

It's good fun, and I've had the most helpful mortgage/savings advice from high street banks, plus know how to get a new car very cheap - the car jobs were to pretend to buy a car, (they specify which) and get the price down as far as you can. I think I did the ones that What Car use for their WhatCar cheapest car on their website, too. £20 a visit, and there were 10 of them as you do all the dealerships in one area. Price comparison surveys. There's a lot to remember but you can write stuff down and I found a voice activated recorder a boon. Last time I did one I had a free burger for my lunch,too.

Last month I found out I could get the living room carpet I wanted for about £600, and was paid a tenner for going. Paid the bus fare plus a brew later, and I was going that way anyway.

HTH

1 user thanked GiltEdgedInvestor for this post.
Guest on 26/10/2017(UTC)
Greg De Tisi
Posted: 18 June 2015 12:59:11(UTC)

I am in the wrong place here! Peace n love i'm out.
Alan Selwood
Posted: 18 June 2015 19:31:13(UTC)

Was thanked: 3613 time(s) in 1393 post(s)
This is certainly one offer I will NOT be taking up.

(For the same reasons as containers, gems, pyramid schemes, etc, etc)

Greg De Tisi
Posted: 18 June 2015 21:14:32(UTC)

I had to edit this to end my inclusion so all the best guys!
Gavin Griffin
Posted: 28 July 2015 09:31:03(UTC)

I've made a bit of money using O2 Star Trader online. You earn commission for each sim card you can get someone to top up. It's pretty simple, free to use and you can do it in your own time. I think it's a really nice way to top up your income. Unless you've got a bit of time to dedicate you won't earn loads of money but they do run competition with cash prizes. At the moment they are running a competition where three traders will win a grand each.
Alan Selwood
Posted: 11 September 2015 06:50:55(UTC)

Was thanked: 3613 time(s) in 1393 post(s)
Are you advertising your firm?

It's frowned on, on this forum.
4 users thanked Alan Selwood for this post.
Guest on 14/09/2015(UTC), Michael Loveridge on 24/09/2015(UTC), applemint on 17/04/2016(UTC), eilidh on 08/07/2016(UTC)
Jim Thompson
Posted: 11 September 2015 07:29:10(UTC)

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Why not go out and get a 'normal' job, contribute to the economy, society and your sense of wellbeing? Then invest your hard earned in some of the vehicles mentioned on this web site (as in the mainstream ones - not getrichquickscam.com)
3 users thanked Jim Thompson for this post.
Guest on 14/09/2015(UTC), Douglas Chadwick on 27/09/2015(UTC), applemint on 17/04/2016(UTC)
Marina Parshina
Posted: 15 September 2015 18:07:09(UTC)

everybody can easily get $10 on HappyMinerCoupon.Com
Joe Max
Posted: 16 September 2015 04:47:13(UTC)

There are plenty of online jobs...and I believe if you works as a freelancer you earn more.
4 Pages123Next page»
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets