Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Long-term investment on FTSE
yucel dokuzluoglu
Posted: 28 June 2013 06:35:21(UTC)

hello I just seeking to buy a few of stocks for long-term..so my intention is buying long-term stocks,I want to save every month a little stock beyond 10 years,and I need to find cheap price stocks which is also has yearly dividend yield for their investors.actually it's also hard to find a good share to invest even for a Professional investor,in spite of this,recommendations are appreciated.thank you.
Dian
Posted: 22 October 2016 09:05:08(UTC)

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 26 post(s)
How about targeting cash rich, growing dividend champions? First step is finding out some good companies and then do some good research to pick best ones in the market.
andy mac
Posted: 22 October 2016 14:56:54(UTC)

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Dian

Your are going a bit with the posts but it seems you are seeking answers
Perhaps you can tell us what you are looking for ie length of investment risk etc
Do you class yourself as punter trader or investor
Perhaps you already have but I have missed it

I dont expect a reply from the OP as it was 3 yrs ago
Dian
Posted: 23 October 2016 02:09:20(UTC)

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Thank you Andy.

I am not a punter as well as short term trader. I have never kept any stock or bond for more than 10 years either. However I found some stocks have become more than 10, 20 and 50 baggers after 10 years mainly in sectors such as food, tech and insurance. At the moment I am in the process of identifying strong companies listed in the UK to do some study before buying them.

Do you think there are some challenges for long term investment?
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets