Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Sportingbet takeover
lynne shaffer
Posted: 13 February 2013 14:12:47(UTC)
#1

Joined: 15/03/2011(UTC)
Posts: 58

Thanks: 60 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
William Hill is taking over Sportingbet and we as shareholders have been asked if we want

1. 80% cash and 20£ in GVC shares
2. 100% cash
3. 100% GVC shares.

should I take the money and run, so to speak! or Can anyone advise?

Lynne Shaffer
Rob D
Posted: 14 February 2013 13:30:00(UTC)
#2

Joined: 14/02/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Lynne, I have a pretty small holding that I bought at around 67p. I was hoping for a slightly bigger offer. I have gone for 100% new GVC shares. They seem to know what they're doing. I will have to wait and see what the allocation is.
1 user thanked Rob D for this post.
lynne shaffer on 15/02/2013(UTC)
bryan young
Posted: 15 February 2013 10:49:40(UTC)
#3

Joined: 04/02/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1

i have held gvc for 2 years and its been a brill share for me-not guar for the future but check it out the performance + divi has been great
John Whitehurst
Posted: 15 February 2013 11:19:57(UTC)
#4

Joined: 02/02/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have gone for the all cash option.

GVC seems a bit too high risk for me as they focus on unregulated markets whereas SBT was at least a mixture if regulated and unregulated. I also have an aversion to ending up with shares I didn't want or didn't research.

That said, others above are fans of GVC.

It depends on your own appetite for risk and capacity for loss.
1 user thanked John Whitehurst for this post.
lynne shaffer on 15/02/2013(UTC)
lynne shaffer
Posted: 15 February 2013 12:21:15(UTC)
#5

Joined: 15/03/2011(UTC)
Posts: 58

Thanks: 60 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thanks to all. My holding is with HL and they don't want an answer until 8th March and one can trade Sportingbet shares until 12 March, so I thought I'd wait as long as possible and in any case see what happens to teh market until the deadlines.

(My inclination at present is to take the cash option for all of it, as I also wouldn't have chosen to buy GVC.
Roy England
Posted: 17 February 2013 08:53:07(UTC)
#6

Joined: 16/12/2009(UTC)
Posts: 19

Thanks: 1 times
100% GVC. Happy for others to be taking the cash as it lessens the chances of being scaled back.
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets