Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!



Pension Fund
masud butt
Posted: 30 January 2013 19:26:06(UTC)

Joined: 10/07/2010(UTC)
Posts: 53

Thanks: 23 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
My company is moving my pension fund to 'Fidelity pension fund provider'. I only find, all unit
trusts mostly which are for capital growth & one Income & growth Fund, with Fid provider.
As I have nine years to retire, I am start looking for saving, for income when I retire ie, global income, global bonds, Uk income Funds. Any suggestions which Pension Providers, have IT & UT bias toward Income and dividends. Thanks.
Posted: 30 January 2013 19:37:40(UTC)

Joined: 14/03/2011(UTC)
Posts: 233

Thanks: 106 times
Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Is this a money purchase scheme where you control the provider, or a stakeholder pension with fixed 1% cost?

I moved my pension into a Hargreaves Lansdown SIPP, as all of tose big pension companies are leeches which simply bleed you dry with mediocre performance and outrageous % fees.

In any case dont accept the package deal where they offer different types of mixes like that capital growth etc, better to research and choose your own funds.

Best ask what are the best options.

Of course if they are paying into the fund as well, thats a different kettle of fish
1 user thanked banjofred for this post.
masud butt on 01/02/2013(UTC)
Cane Wreck
Posted: 01 February 2013 15:35:28(UTC)

Joined: 31/01/2013(UTC)
Posts: 5

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I guess it Depends on many factors not described in your question. Is the cash kept in as a retirement living or available to your partner?
But from what you say if it was me I would set up a cash ISA this season and next in a few year 'bonds' as urgent source. The rest I would pay down my home loan based on the conditions.

tweed heads aged care homes
Fairways Supported Living
182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
Phone : +61 1300 765 051
Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.
1 user thanked Cane Wreck for this post.
masud butt on 01/02/2013(UTC)
+ Reply to discussion


Other markets