Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Share charting software and real time price info
Buyhighselllow
Posted: 06 December 2012 10:12:30(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Can anyone recommend a good - preferably not too expensive or even free - share charting, analysis programme?

I use Hargreaves Lansdown's trading platform, but find this a little clumsy. You can't add your own annotations, for example.

Also, is there any way of getting more up to date information on share prices without the usual minimum 15 minute delay. As close to real time as possible.

In the Internet age this delay seems ridiculous and puts any amateur looking to squeeze the last few fractions of a pence from a trade at an unnecessary disadvantage.

Thanks
Alan Jay
Posted: 09 December 2012 10:13:29(UTC)

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I find Digital Look is good for research and shareprice.co.uk provides live prices as well as the facility to maintain your own portfolios which are then updated in real time. Both are free.
1 user thanked Alan Jay for this post.
Buyhighselllow on 14/12/2012(UTC)
Siraj Darvesh
Posted: 09 December 2012 11:40:18(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Interactive investor beats Digital look hands down, look at technical insight which has a very good charting option outlining the trend of the equity, note it does cover all the popular equities in the ftse all share and AIM top 100. http://www.iii.co.uk/

The other one is stockopedia which breaks down the fundamentals according to various gurus http://j.mp/SbOtdu

The first one is free and the second cost 14.99 per month which can be cancelled at anytime without penalties.

I use both and finally the other one which I have trialled and will be going to is IG Markets, its free if you deposit £1.00.
However the free trial is available for two weeks but does have a lot of limitations and bugs, overall it gives you live prices second by second to all the way to month by month and everything in between
2 users thanked Siraj Darvesh for this post.
Guest on 10/12/2012(UTC), Buyhighselllow on 14/12/2012(UTC)
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets