Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Melrose MRO
David J Robertson
Posted: 18 November 2012 17:31:19(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all,

On Friday the CEO of Melrose issued a profits warning and not suprising the price of the shares fell, therefore I have two questions:-

1/ we will the price continue to fall and the 'bottom' price expected to be reached.
2/ should this share be considered a 'hold' or 'sell' -- I have not considered a buy for too many questions

I am interested for although I do not hold, I am a member of anvestment club that do hold MRO, who tend to hold for a long time.

all replies would be gratefully received

Regards
David
1 user thanked David J Robertson for this post.
nigel morris on 30/11/2012(UTC)
Brian Richards
Posted: 19 November 2012 11:57:00(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hold great growth potential
1 user thanked Brian Richards for this post.
nigel morris on 30/11/2012(UTC)
Rob Walker
Posted: 19 November 2012 12:05:23(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I wouldn't buy or sell on a market reaction to bad news unless the impact was at least a 40% drop and then, only if the position has stabilised. Even then, recovery can be a long wait. Recent events at Cape and Lamprell prove that point. Big order books, corrective action but the bounce hasn't yet happened. Indeed the bad news may not be over for Melrose, both Cape and Lamprell suffered a 'double dip' as they served up the bad news as first a starter, then a main course a few weeks later. My advice: do nothing unless and until the price drops below 180p and then only if the long-term prospects are still good.
David J Robertson
Posted: 29 November 2012 19:20:37(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all,

a few days ago I posted about Melrose, which the investment club still hold, in the past two days they (MRO) have changed their name twice

New Melrose
Melrose Industries

Share price has dipped how concerned should the investment club be................

any thoughts
David

+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets