Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Asion Income Funds
GCH.
Posted: 09 November 2012 15:45:35(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Can you suggest an outstanding Managed Asion Investment Trust to Diversify away from the more commonly held Uk equity income funds without having to pay a massive premium for the privilege of getting in?
masud butt
Posted: 09 November 2012 23:32:11(UTC)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Aberdeen asian income investment trust.
1 user thanked masud butt for this post.
GCH. on 21/11/2012(UTC)
TJL
Posted: 10 November 2012 17:47:13(UTC)

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I know you specified an investment trust, but Newton Asian Income Fund is a top choice.
If superior performance could be seen as compensation for low income, Aberdeen Asian Small Companies investment trust is a stand out historical performer (perhaps the emphasis should be on the word 'historical' there).
Nearly 7% of my portfolio is invested in Newton Asian Income, but if starting again today I would possibly choose Aberdeen Asian Small Companies. It currently trades at a premium, but I have seen people say 1) it is worth investing anyway and 2) it is worth waiting as the premium is currently high and should reduce.
Otherwise there are a handful of popular trusts who's names come up frequently on this subject, each of which have their own supporters so ultimately, you have to make your own choice.
1 user thanked TJL for this post.
GCH. on 21/11/2012(UTC)
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets