Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Residential Letting Agency London
charles dyer
Posted: 22 June 2012 06:08:07(UTC)

Hi Everybody,

I Want a studio apartment or flat on rent in London.

I have searched on internet about famous agents in london.

I found these three different agents below --

www.rentals-london.co.uk
www.brlets.co.uk
www.residential-lettings-london.co.uk

Can you please suggest which among the above three will be good
and who can provide me mind blowing service.

Please Help me out.

Many thanks.
Ashley Edwin
Posted: 18 October 2012 12:41:53(UTC)

Its better to do your own research coz that will be better, I've been into property business in UK for past 8 years and I still find hard to stick on to a deal, so do a comparison with available resources such as online property agents like the ones listed above and try propsavvy too coz they claim to provide properties at a below market value at times I too fall into such nice deal so keep your eyes wide and minds sharper and go for your target.
jeffian
Posted: 18 October 2012 13:44:21(UTC)

Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 62 post(s)
charles,

Assuming you are talking about renting a flat to occupy yourself (as opposed to owning one to rent out to other people) what makes you think any of them will offer you a "mind blowing service"? Their duty to provide a "service" is to their client (i.e. the one who pays their fees), unless I've misunderstood you and you're thinking of retaining an agent to act for you and paying them a 'finders fee'. Too many people refer to themselves as 'clients' when they are looking at properties to buy or rent; they are not, they are mug punters to whom agents will say anything to conclude a deal and get their fee from the vendor/owner who retained them.
EA
Posted: 19 October 2012 12:11:02(UTC)

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Speaking from experience of renting with a number of agents, don’t expect average service let alone mind blowing service. You are just the person to take the property off their books, and once you've agreed to rent, that’s their job done usually, they do bu**er all after that. I agree with the above comment, they are not working for you, they are working for the owner and that’s the end of it!
Steve P
Posted: 19 October 2012 16:28:36(UTC)

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I concur with the above but would add - based on reading the articles in the evening standard written by a landlady who rents out some properties - that they don't do much for the owner either...
Chris Ford
Posted: 22 October 2012 11:04:45(UTC)

Charles

I've dealt with a few over the years with mixed results. I would say the best are www.dwellresidential.co.uk excellent service.

Good luck with your search!

Chris
Peter Hyland
Posted: 06 November 2012 22:02:45(UTC)

Evening, i work for Haart in central London and would be happy to provide the service you are looking for. Whilst i agree that a lot of agents in the UK and London (especially London) are out to make a quick buck, the focus of this company is to forge long term relationships with landlords and people looking to rent/buy alike.

My advice would be to use a larger more reputable agent rather than the one man band types as its usually these guys who are after quick money, dont offer employees any training, structure or prospects and often have their workers working in a hire and fire environment which promotes the type of stereotypical agents mentioned above (if they dont generate a certain amount of revenue their out the door) rather than focussing on excellent customer service.

Haart provide long term career prospects for all employees, training and a supportive working environment which means we truly do offer the best to everyone.

If your still looking feel free to try us contact details can be found with a simple google search, my last piece of advice would be avoid Foxtons at all costs, these guys truly are the worst of the worst!

All the best

Peter (Kennington Haart)

If anyone wants any advice on the general property market in London or what to look for when using agents etc feel free to get in contact.

reynalda heimil
Posted: 19 November 2012 10:49:54(UTC)

Letting out the real estate is most favorite business of mine. In these days this is the most profitable business.

East London Estate agent
Daniel Simmons
Posted: 21 November 2012 13:52:44(UTC)

It is a favourite business of mine too!

Chiswick Letting Agents
Amelia Brown
Posted: 14 December 2012 12:40:35(UTC)

Recent customer leasing forecasts find that 60 percent tenants are supposed to be paying more for their rented place in last 12 months, which is greater than 53% a year ago. In a real estate London market where the demand for rental properties is deteriorating to keep pace with high requirements of tenants, the expectation of upwards rental strain is greater between tenants in UK. My friend provided me details of rental laws (in the UK) at http://www.plazaestates.co.uk/, which should also help you in the right direction.
Dave McEnroe
Posted: 17 December 2012 15:24:26(UTC)

I have found it difficult in the past to find an estate agent that isn't out just to get their hands on your money. However I recently went through Messila Residential London and was pleasantly surprised - I found their service to be professional, friendly and above all efficient and would recommend them.
Amelia Brown
Posted: 29 December 2012 07:36:29(UTC)

when conducting a search for residential as well as commercial letting property , you definitely need to know what you are doing, or you should use real estate agents who provide you a range of other services to ease up your real estate purchase. The Plaza Estate is one of the good London letting agent who can provide you all the information about rental as well as properties for sale in every region. They help prospective home buyers make an informed decision when looking to buy a foreclosure property or residential property.
john elsony
Posted: 15 January 2013 10:09:05(UTC)

Picking the right letting agent is the key factor if you have a property to rent. Using a letting agent can save you a large amount of stress, time and money. Now-a-days online letting agents are becoming popular that are offering many customer satisfied services.

Letting Agents Balham
clapham estate agents
Julie Palacios
Posted: 29 January 2013 16:22:34(UTC)

The best agency in London

Is HomeXperts

We grow our business by referrals and will therefore work hard to impress you.!!!!

have a look of the following website

http://www.estateagentssouthbank.co.uk/

Let me know what can I do in order to help you.

Regards
Julie
Director
HomeXperts Southbank
020 3411 3742
https://www.facebook.com/HomeXpertsSouthBank
Christy sinha
Posted: 21 February 2013 08:24:46(UTC)

You should hire a letting agency or agent who is trustworthy. one should be very careful while hiring a letting agent as many of them are fraud, but it is also important to hire a letting agent because they have lots of knowledge about property and they can find a suitable property for you in less time.
Alan Anderson
Posted: 21 February 2013 13:40:47(UTC)

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 47 post(s)
This is just a giant spam-vertising forum. Why is it still on here?
Lovisa Smith
Posted: 08 March 2013 12:33:49(UTC)

Hi,

You can find best property with the help of internet and for that we have different classified portal as craglist, gum tree, classifiedads.com etc.

Thanks
Lovisa
Natalie G
Posted: 23 April 2013 16:14:33(UTC)

Hi there,

In response to your enquiry I think the very first thing you need to do when looking for the perfect agency is to make sure they are completely legit! This may seem silly but you need to ask...Is your Agent qualified?

At the moment, there is no requirement for agents to be licensed, meaning anyone can set up a letting agency. There are however membership statuses such as the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) and the National Federation of Property Professional (NFOPP). If an agent is also SAFE registered then your money will protected and insured giving you the peace of mind from your agent.

From this there are so many more questions to ask and consider before you decide to rent a property. We've done a cool job of listing the Top 10 things to consider before Renting on our website blog http://www.propertypropertyproperty.co.uk .

Have a look at tell me what you think!

What do other forum members think??

Natalie
PropertyGal x
Alan Anderson
Posted: 25 April 2013 08:17:06(UTC)

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Natalie G, other forum members think you are a spammer and a nuisance and wish Citywire would just take down this thread so that people like you will stop registering just to fill up the forums with crap.
1 user thanked Alan Anderson for this post.
Micawber on 25/04/2013(UTC)
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets