Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Interactive Investor new research account
Irving Wells
Posted: 12 June 2018 16:34:04(UTC)

Having had my research portfolio destroyed by ii I am laboriously recreating it on this site. Does anybody know if it is possible to show a cash holding within the research portfolio. Also there are a number of fixed interest securities, prefs and bonds which it does not recognize. Am I being stupid? Any help would be much appreciated.
Graham Mill
Posted: 13 June 2018 10:46:48(UTC)

The research account is useless to me now. I can't see a summary of the family accounts like I used to, and it would be pointless anyway since so many of the holdings are no longer reported. It was a great service up until now. I appreciate I have used it for free all these years, I was an original investor back when iii floated, but I'll move my research over to HL now, where our investments are held. Thanks iii, it was great knowing you, but our relationship is over. And it's not me, it IS you.
Nicholas Weston
Posted: 13 June 2018 12:24:28(UTC)

Irving Wells;63764 wrote:
Having had my research portfolio destroyed by ii I am laboriously recreating it on this site. Does anybody know if it is possible to show a cash holding within the research portfolio. Also there are a number of fixed interest securities, prefs and bonds which it does not recognize. Am I being stupid? Any help would be much appreciated.

I phoned them up about the cash and they told that the portfolio does not accept cash and only investments within their trading platform will be actioned on this new crap portfolio. The man also had the front to say they have had no complaints whatsoever abou their new portfolio!
deepblue
Posted: 13 June 2018 17:57:24(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
There's great dissatisafaction from many of their longstanding customers. The new site has been launched before proper testing and without key features.

Their discussion board is overflowing with adverse comment. ii do know about it as they have posted apologies and and I suspect they now have a problem if they dont want to lose a great deal of custom.

I am waiting for early significant response to improve the site to something like they had before they destroyed it, otherwise I and many others are off, after 20 years of using the old site. A shame, and unnecessary.
Michael Loveridge
Posted: 15 June 2018 11:56:12(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
In a poll on the ii website asking about reaction to the new portfolio 95% of users said they didn't like it, which must be some form of record.

I've used the site for 20 years, for both portfolios and trading, and they've been generally great to deal with. But there were quite a few glitches on the trading account when it was changed a few months ago, and this latest change is nothing short of disastrous.

Just some of the problems I've encountered to date:

1. You can't view the entire portfolio as it doesn't fit the screen.

2. It's often the case that no price is displayed, so that the investment shows a 100% loss.

3. Even when a price is shown it's often incorrect.

4. Every figure is shown to 3 decimal points, which is pointless and irritating.

5. There is no separation of shares, cash and funds, as used to be the case.

6. If you want to see the latest discussion about a share in your portfolio you can no longer access it directly from the portfolio page.

7. Ditto for latest news.

6. You used to be able to roll over the cursor to see notes about a share without actually having to leave the portfolio page - no longer possible.

It's a complete abortion. They couldn't have designed a worse replacement if they’d actually set out to do so.

I'm extremely angry that this has been allowed to happen, but more than anything I'm sad that a once excellent facility has been completely destroyed.

The large majority of ii customers just want the old site returning, but I can never see that happening. Like many others I'm therefore faced with the dismal prospect of having to firstly find a better site to host my portfolio, and secondly transfer a shed load of data across, which will take hours.

I hope ii receive the Cock Up of the Year award, as they’ve certainly earned it.
1 user thanked Michael Loveridge for this post.
Steve U on 15/06/2018(UTC)
Steve U
Posted: 15 June 2018 14:40:12(UTC)

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Michael Loveridge;63904 wrote:
In a poll on the ii website asking about reaction to the new portfolio 95% of users said they didn't like it, which must be some form of record.

I've used the site for 20 years, for both portfolios and trading, and they've been generally great to deal with. But there were quite a few glitches on the trading account when it was changed a few months ago, and this latest change is nothing short of disastrous.

2. It's often the case that no price is displayed, so that the investment shows a 100% loss.

4. Every figure is shown to 3 decimal points, which is pointless and irritating.

6. If you want to see the latest discussion about a share in your portfolio you can no longer access it directly from the portfolio page.

6. You used to be able to roll over the cursor to see notes about a share without actually having to leave the portfolio page - no longer possible.

It's a complete abortion. They couldn't have designed a worse replacement if they’d actually set out to do so.

I'm extremely angry that this has been allowed to happen, but more than anything I'm sad that a once excellent facility has been completely destroyed.

The large majority of ii customers just want the old site returning, but I can never see that happening. Like many others I'm therefore faced with the dismal prospect of having to firstly find a better site to host my portfolio, and secondly transfer a shed load of data across, which will take hours.

I hope ii receive the Cock Up of the Year award, as they’ve certainly earned it.

Totally agree - I manage 7 portfolios and have spent some time looking at alternatives since last weekend's changes that make iii unworkable.

try www.thisismoney.co.uk - I was surprised how good this is as its the Daily Mail - very user - friendly, I was able to set up all my stock & funds and cash fairly easily - I think the data comes from A J Bell.
1 user thanked Steve U for this post.
Michael Loveridge on 15/06/2018(UTC)
Fell Walker
Posted: 15 June 2018 14:52:47(UTC)

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Michael Loveridge;63904 wrote:

I must be on a different version of ii from you then, most of the points you make either don't appear for me or are not relevant! The actual trading side of ii which is the only area I use hasn't changed much since they introduced it earlier in the year. The only changes are minor improvements that I can find.

Regarding your points, I find:-

1. It all fits on my screen but I am using a PC, but I do all my finances on a PC as I use Excel and just find it easier than using a phone or tablet.

2 & 3. I log in a fair bit and have never had the no price issue or an incorrect price?

4. No figures are shown to 3 decimal points except the odd Quantity, all values, percentages are to 2 decimal points as expected. This is the same on my phone.

5. There is separation of shares, cash and funds, these are tabs under the Total Value. This is improved from a few months ago when there was no "all investments" tab so you could only view shares or funds not both together.

6. I can't comment on as I don't use the discussion as it always seemed to end in petty bickering!

7. If you click on the black cross by the share name it opens up an information window a link to the news is there as well as other options. Click on the share name and a share/fund Morning Star Stock Report comes up and this has a News/RNS tab as well as lots of other info.

8. I can't comment on as I never used this.

I like having all the Morning Star features that have been added, Xray and Morning Star Stock Reports on all funds. As for users who just had the free research accounts....oh well never mind lol!!

Overall I'm pretty happy with the trading account, but I've always done research elsewhere and never bothered with virtual portfolios (whats the point in these out of interest?).
1 user thanked Fell Walker for this post.
Guest on 18/06/2018(UTC)
Michael Loveridge
Posted: 15 June 2018 15:16:23(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Fell Walker;63920 wrote:
I've always done research elsewhere and never bothered with virtual portfolios (whats the point in these out of interest?).

If you're only using the trading account then by definition you won't have been affected, as all of the issues are with the virtual portfolio aspect of the site.

There are two reasons I use it. Firstly, to keep easy track of my own portfolio of actual investments, which the previous site did very efficiently; and secondly to keep various watch lists of shares I'm thinking of buying, just so that I can track them easily.

2 PagesPrevious page12
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets