Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

iweb
MartynC
Posted: 23 April 2018 12:40:20(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I am currently looking at the Fundsmith and LT Global OEIC to be held within an ISA.

Is it cheaper to hold the Fundsmith OEIC on the iweb platform or go direct to Fundsmith.

With the LT Global OEIC I understand you can't go direct to Linsell Train?

I understand iweb has a wide range of OEICS, shares, ITs and ETFs.

Many thanks,
Jeff Liddiard
Posted: 23 April 2018 14:43:13(UTC)

Was thanked: 294 time(s) in 159 post(s)
MartynC;61098 wrote:
I am currently looking at the Fundsmith and LT Global OEIC to be held within an ISA.

Is it cheaper to hold the Fundsmith OEIC on the iweb platform or go direct to Fundsmith.

With the LT Global OEIC I understand you can't go direct to Linsell Train?

I understand iweb has a wide range of OEICS, shares, ITs and ETFs.

Many thanks,

This was discussed in Feb/March in the thread 'A beginner starting to invest' you can find it via 'Search'

Last time I looked in Feb/March this year, I could buy Fundsmith 'I' class at 0.95% or 'T' class at 1.05% via IWEB and the only one-off cost is £5 to buy and no custody or other charges. If using IWEB there's virtually no difference in cost to going direct to Fundsmith and there is flexibility with IWEB to be able to change to other funds or ITs. Going direct to Fundsmith can be cheaper than going via some other platforms with higher charges than IWEB.

At the time IWEB would not deal on LT Global Equity, probably still don't. But again, at the time it was possible to buy the LT Global Equity direct from Lindsell Train (if I remember correctly). Hope this helps.
Aminatidi
Posted: 23 April 2018 16:53:24(UTC)

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 57 post(s)
IWEB don't do Lindsell Train sadly.

Game over.
1 user thanked Aminatidi for this post.
dlp6666 on 25/04/2018(UTC)
Tom Woods
Posted: 24 April 2018 08:30:33(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 2 post(s)
iWeb do the Lindsell Train Inv Trust (LTI), but I have my Lindsell Train OEIC holding with Fidelity
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets