Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Transactions
King Lodos
Posted: 26 April 2018 00:28:01(UTC)

Was thanked: 4231 time(s) in 1641 post(s)
I'm not sure the KID documents are doing a great job of clarifying fees tbh – especially with alternative investments.

Private Equity and Real Estate can be worlds apart from funds which simply hold common stock or bonds (which can be done for next-to-nothing).

PE firms can take struggling businesses with potential and turn them around – Swensen calls them an investment in pure capitalism .. The Warehouse REITs (like Tritax I think) tend to have fees in the 3-4% region .. The KIDs also don't always do a good job of clarifying where the fees are debt and performance based, and might be more a reflection of making hay while the sun's shining.

2 users thanked King Lodos for this post.
Tim D on 26/04/2018(UTC), Big boy on 26/04/2018(UTC)
xcity
Posted: 26 April 2018 12:45:42(UTC)

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 254 post(s)
Fuzzy Beats;61293 wrote:
My attention was drawn to this investment company too, mainly on account of the deep discount. However the charging structure on this vehicle is simply horrific.

The KID really does lay bare the iniquity of the fund management industry. They've all had their hands in the till for far too long.

It's a mistake to just look at the fee level, you also have to think about what you are getting for those fees.

For a given type of investment you have to consider:-
  • How much time & expertise will it take to make considered judgements and action them?
  • Does this IT/fund have those resources and use them?
  • Does it have a record of success in doing so?

Private Equity is a very mixed bag. Can take a lot of resources to do it, but some managers might do the bulk of it over a nice lunch. You do really need to examine what your fees are actually being spent on.
2 users thanked xcity for this post.
Tim D on 26/04/2018(UTC), Big boy on 26/04/2018(UTC)
Big boy
Posted: 26 April 2018 15:04:05(UTC)

Was thanked: 417 time(s) in 186 post(s)
I see a Director has been adding to OCI. Halifaxsharedealing Service has now removed the stock from its Buy List.
Sadly they don't seem to understand the risk profile of certain stocks. They are happy to trade UIL ordy which are high risk but not the low risk UIL zero 2026.

Has anybody else had any recent problems with the Company.?
Jeff Liddiard
Posted: 26 April 2018 15:33:17(UTC)

Was thanked: 280 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Big boy;61311 wrote:
I see a Director has been adding to OCI. Halifaxsharedealing Service has now removed the stock from its Buy List.
Sadly they don't seem to understand the risk profile of certain stocks. They are happy to trade UIL ordy which are high risk but not the low risk UIL zero 2026.

I've been unable to buy LT Global Equity Fund via IWEB (operated by Halifax Share Dealing), but can buy it via AJ Bell. I discussed this on a previous thread a few months ago. Spoke to them and also sent a letter, both to no avail.
1 user thanked Jeff Liddiard for this post.
Big boy on 26/04/2018(UTC)
Big boy
Posted: 26 April 2018 15:52:54(UTC)

Was thanked: 417 time(s) in 186 post(s)
Jeff Liddiard;61312 wrote:
Big boy;61311 wrote:

I've been unable to buy LT Global Equity Fund via IWEB (operated by Halifax Share Dealing), but can buy it via AJ Bell. I discussed this on a previous thread a few months ago. Spoke to them and also sent a letter, both to no avail.

I find it very worrying that these Companies have been making Investment decision on our behalf.
172 Pages«Previous page170171172
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets