Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Transactions
Tyrion Lannister
Posted: 12 January 2018 20:08:27(UTC)

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 93 post(s)
jvl;55312 wrote:
dlp6666;55301 wrote:

It looks like Lazard's WTR does something very similar to MIGO, but also pays a 3.4% dividend:

http://www.lazardworldtr...wtf-factsheet-nov17.pdf

When I looked it up on HL, I got the message:

"By law certain stocks must have a Key Investor Information Document / Key Information Document available before investors can purchase them. The party responsible for publishing the documents have not made them available to Hargreaves Lansdown for this stock and so it cannot be purchased"

That would be the EU's Mifid II again, wouldn't it?

I can't wait until we're out (properly). Though it's a forlorn hope that this timid corporatist government's going to exit properly, removing nanny-state guff like this...

I think this legislation is good, I really had my eyes opened when I saw the real costs of one of the ITs I'm investing in and won't be buying anymore as a result.

Yes, there's been teething problems with HL, but I put that down to them being petty and inflexible rather than the legislation per se.

If a fund doesn't want to provide the information required, you have to ask yourself why.
chubby bunny
Posted: 12 January 2018 22:56:44(UTC)

Was thanked: 241 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Tyrion Lannister;55317 wrote:
I think this legislation is good, I really had my eyes opened when I saw the real costs of one of the ITs I'm investing in and won't be buying anymore as a result.

Yes, there's been teething problems with HL, but I put that down to them being petty and inflexible rather than the legislation per se.

If a fund doesn't want to provide the information required, you have to ask yourself why.

I like it too. Most private investors will have no idea how much they are losing to charges on top of the published OCF. You shouldn't have to trawl through annual reports to find the true costs.
153 Pages«Previous page151152153
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets