Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

SIPP Training
Bigscadeyy
Posted: 12 January 2018 09:26:29(UTC)

Hi

I am considering consolidating some of my pension into SIPP. I am new to SIPPs but have made investment decisions for a few years now.

I wanted to check if anyone knew of any training courses, online or face to face that would help to train people in getting the best out of their SIPP?

Thanks...
Bellabeck
Posted: 12 January 2018 09:30:24(UTC)

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Well the investment decisions continue as per your own strategy/asset allocation etc.

In terms of the wrapper itself if you are close to needing to take an income from your pension I would consult a Chartered Financial Planner to advise on taking the cash free sum, ongoing withdrawals and stuff around crystallisation etc. Note I referred to a CFP and not an IFA...
1 user thanked Bellabeck for this post.
Tim D on 22/04/2018(UTC)
Lee Smith
Posted: 09 March 2018 23:40:29(UTC)

There's some very handy videos on Youtube that explain the inner workings of SIPPs.
Samual Saunders
Posted: 22 April 2018 08:00:08(UTC)

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 20 post(s)
You can learn a great deal with the study of forums like this and others such as This is Money - Trustnet - Money Observer etc.

I moved my pensions to a sipp with the help of an adviser, but soon realised that his interests were more with him and not me once he had earned his commission. This is not usual as there are many very good advisers out there, so you could be lucky. One thing I did was get a couple of advisers to give you their opinion if what you should do.

If you like them and their ideas, then you could choose to go with them. If not, additional research can lead you to places like Hargreaves Lansdown and many others where you can do it yourself. Whichever way you go, the more you study this, the better off you will be.

It is really a question of how much you put into it yourself, but good luck
Sam
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets