Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Bluefield Solar Income
Chris Howland
Posted: 29 December 2017 15:17:36(UTC)

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I've been invested in BSIF for quite a while, and whilst the returns (share price and dividend) have generally been very steady, there are things that I find less than impressive, particularly those relating to investor communications.

The latest - tinkering with the dividend payment schedule - had been something of a mystery. Then recently, some clarity seemed to appear following a declaration on the financial calendar page of the BSIF web site announcing "First interim dividend to be declared in respect to the financial year ending 30 June 2018 - December 2017".

At last I thought! things are finally changing; but then again hang on, the wind of change doesn't always blow the spots off the leopard...

...and guess what - it didn't. December has gone and their newly found good intentions have fallen by the wayside.

I'll sleep on things for a while, but I'm thinking that it's time to sell this holding. Trust is a short word with big responsibilities and implications. The disrespect shown to investors leads me to believe that the board at BSIF can't be trusted.

Before I enact any decision though, the thoughts of others would be much appreciated...

Chris

Redundant (Old Timer?)
Posted: 30 December 2017 09:42:13(UTC)

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 84 post(s)
"First interim dividend to be declared in respect to the financial year ending 30 June 2018 - December 2017".

They may mean that the board has declared the divi at a board meeting in December and will then publish it with the half year results/market update. Payment should then be within 10 weeks.

Personally, if I was happy with the holding but confused over their divi intentions I would write to the company secretary and seek clarification.
4 users thanked Redundant (Old Timer?) for this post.
Guest on 30/12/2017(UTC), Chris Howland on 30/12/2017(UTC), Andrew Smith 259 on 30/12/2017(UTC), dlp6666 on 03/01/2018(UTC)
Chris Howland
Posted: 30 December 2017 12:09:54(UTC)

Thanks R(OT). That's in keeping with what I'd planned myself (writing to the chairman - John Rennocks), but certainly the better line to take.

Let's see what they have to say.

Chris
Chris Howland
Posted: 03 January 2018 09:57:23(UTC)

The bluefieldsif.com website was updated overnight - the new first dividend declaration now states "First interim dividend to be declared in respect to the financial year ending 30 June 2018 - January 18".

This really is a movable feast! I wonder if they make it up as they go along, or whether there are real problems unfolding?
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets