Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

PayPal Class Action Litigation
J Thomas
Posted: 12 December 2017 23:09:05(UTC)

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 140 post(s)
I have been sent documentation regarding a corporate matter from Halifax Share Dealing regarding an invitation to join a Class Action against PayPal regarding the Tio Networks acquisition.
The claim is this resulted in a 5.75% fall in the PayPal share price on the 1st December, and damages are being sought on behalf of shareholders by US lawyers.
Halifax are not dealing with the claim directly but are forwarding all contact details to shareholders.
I presume the matter would be dealt with on a no win no fee basis, however PayPal have been a very lucrative share for myself and I am somewhat reluctant to participate in this.
I would be interested in the views of other PayPal shareholders. Note I am making no comment or judgement on the claims.
dyfed
Posted: 13 December 2017 22:18:52(UTC)

Was thanked: 344 time(s) in 159 post(s)
J Thomas;54214 wrote:
I have been sent documentation regarding a corporate matter from Halifax Share Dealing regarding an invitation to join a Class Action against PayPal regarding the Tio Networks acquisition.
The claim is this resulted in a 5.75% fall in the PayPal share price on the 1st December, and damages are being sought on behalf of shareholders by US lawyers.
Halifax are not dealing with the claim directly but are forwarding all contact details to shareholders.
I presume the matter would be dealt with on a no win no fee basis, however PayPal have been a very lucrative share for myself and I am somewhat reluctant to participate in this.
I would be interested in the views of other PayPal shareholders. Note I am making no comment or judgement on the claims.

Hi I hold Paypal but am not supporting this class action. I might dig into it further if I felt I'd been deliberately mislead or made a big loss. However my gain is currently 184%, so management is doing quite a lot right even if they have made some sort of error over Tio, which is far from clear to me.
2 users thanked dyfed for this post.
J Thomas on 14/12/2017(UTC), Mr Helpful on 14/12/2017(UTC)
masud
Posted: 14 December 2017 09:53:34(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
WHO IS US LAWYER? THANKS.
J Thomas
Posted: 14 December 2017 17:32:46(UTC)

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Masud:

Pomerantz Law.

I am sure both PayPal and Pomerantz Law are of the highest integrity.

If you are a PayPal shareholder you will have access to all the relevant details, documentation, and contact emails and addresses.

Historic shareholders have until the 2nd of February 2018 to join, or not join, the class action. I am reserving my decision at the moment.

+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets