Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

COMPOUNDING
laurence ireson
Posted: 10 December 2017 20:53:30(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Looking out at the snow i recalled one of the joys of childhood the first snow of winter rushing out to build a snowman starting with a fist sized lump as you rolled it got bigger and bigger rolling it downhill its own momentum enabled it to grow and grow
kWIKSAVE
Posted: 10 December 2017 20:58:57(UTC)

Was thanked: 382 time(s) in 238 post(s)
so long as it is not like Icarus.
AnthonyL
Posted: 12 December 2017 10:09:11(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
laurence ireson;54123 wrote:
Looking out at the snow i recalled one of the joys of childhood the first snow of winter rushing out to build a snowman starting with a fist sized lump as you rolled it got bigger and bigger rolling it downhill its own momentum enabled it to grow and grow

Until it all got just a bit too big and crumbled under its own weight as it refused to be guided any more.

But in a similar vein I was recalling to my overseas wife how we used to have slides in the playground, carefully nurtured and glazed with water - big slide for the big boys and little slides for the younger kids. And if trying to go too fast, or failing to negotiate a bit of irregularity, one ended up flat on one's face.

Yes, all valuable lessons.
JohnW
Posted: 12 December 2017 15:46:17(UTC)

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 97 post(s)
AnthonyL;54189 wrote:
laurence ireson;54123 wrote:

Until it all got just a bit too big and crumbled under its own weight as it refused to be guided any more.

But in a similar vein I was recalling to my overseas wife how we used to have slides in the playground, carefully nurtured and glazed with water - big slide for the big boys and little slides for the younger kids. And if trying to go too fast, or failing to negotiate a bit of irregularity, one ended up flat on one's face.

Yes, all valuable lessons.

That was in the glorious pre 'Alf and Safety" days!
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets