Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

SIPP Deposit accounts
Tim Blaxter
Posted: 06 November 2017 10:55:29(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My SIPP is with Hargreaves Lansdown. They pay almost nothing on cash in the SIPP so I want to open a SIPP Deposit account. One of the best rates is with Close Brothers but they will only accept instructions from HL; it is not, in their eyes, an ordinary transfer that I can initiate. HL say they won't do this.

So I will have to transfer my entire SIPP to another provider that will help, or I will have to find a SIPP deposit account that will accept an 'ordinary' SIPP transfer in cash.

Has anyone gone through this? Or any suggestions for a SIPP provider that would assist or a deposit account that will accept a transfer instructed by me?

Jim S
Posted: 06 November 2017 15:20:41(UTC)

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 51 post(s)
If you're looking for diversification, how about a more defensive fund? CF Ruffer Total Return, Hawskmore Vanbrugh, Newton Real Return something like that.

Then you could keep some of your SIPP in cash (0%), and some in defensive

I'm thinking it might be a lot less hassle than changing SIPP provider
1 user thanked Jim S for this post.
Tim Blaxter on 07/11/2017(UTC)
bill blayney
Posted: 06 November 2017 17:04:42(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
hi tim
if you go to investment sense website they have good info on sip providers, a company called investacc from carslisle do a simple sip for deposit accounts and are reasonable fees, they will provide access to close bros.
1 user thanked bill blayney for this post.
Tim Blaxter on 07/11/2017(UTC)
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets