Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Disaster at Barclays Stockbrokers?
Freddie the Sheep
Posted: 22 September 2017 08:43:51(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
What can we do? Is the Ombudsman an option, on what grounds do we compian?

In comparison to this shambles it make Ryanair look like a sewing machine!
Nigel Bell
Posted: 22 September 2017 08:54:14(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I have made a complaint to Barclays and I will copy this to Alastair Thaw - will let you know what reply I receive. I wouldn't bother with the ombudsman it will take forever and unlikely to get much of a response
Tim D
Posted: 22 September 2017 09:28:52(UTC)

Was thanked: 138 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Nigel Bell;51314 wrote:
I have made a complaint to Barclays and I will copy this to Alastair Thaw - will let you know what reply I receive. I wouldn't bother with the ombudsman it will take forever and unlikely to get much of a response

I was under the impression that before you can raise something with the ombudsman you'd have to have given Barclays' own complaints resolution systems a chance to sort things out first (8 weeks, apparently). No personal experience of using either myself though. Suspect the ombudsman is more likely to take more notice the more complaints there are; and in any correspondence with Barclays it's probably worth making them aware that you're considering that route if you don't receive satisfaction.
1 user thanked Tim D for this post.
David Trigg on 22/09/2017(UTC)
12 Pages«Previous page101112
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets