Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

HL new services coming
PaulSh
Posted: 06 February 2018 09:58:25(UTC)

Was thanked: 147 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Given the increasing number of investors flocking to their platform and their increasing profitability, I would hope that would stave off any fee increases in the near future.

I still wonder about this supposed new cash product, though, as I've heard nothing at all about it recently. I'm holding a lot of cash at the moment, and would dearly love to be able to put it somewhere it can earn more than a tiny fraction of a percent interest.

EDIT: Well, how's that for timing?

http://citywire.co.uk/mo...-money-latest-news-list

Looks like a completely separate product, though, not something that could be accessed via an ISA or SIPP.
1 user thanked PaulSh for this post.
Tim D on 06/02/2018(UTC)
jeffian
Posted: 06 February 2018 15:49:17(UTC)

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 211 post(s)
I've been with HL for about 5 years now after a lifetime with a 'proper old-fashioned' broker (i.e. personal, but expensive). I have to say I've found them very good and the platform very user-friendly. Fees are not a particular issue for me because, unusually (at least on this forum) I don't hold any managed funds, only equities and bonds, which HL charge me nothing to hold. I have ISA's and a small drawdown SIPP with them, and have no complaint about charges there.

I looked at the cash deposit scheme but it just seemed to me to be a convenience tool rather than offering any advantage to the account holder. I suspect it is more to do with HL getting a handle on all their customers' assets!
1 user thanked jeffian for this post.
Mickey on 06/02/2018(UTC)
PaulSh
Posted: 06 February 2018 16:10:35(UTC)

Neither my wife nor I hold any funds in our SIPPs either, so in total we pay just under a tenth of a percent in charges per year. And there are no drawdown charges either, unlike some platforms. As has already been mentioned, though, let's just hope they don't do a Barclays with their forthcoming updates.
1 user thanked PaulSh for this post.
Mickey on 06/02/2018(UTC)
PaulSh
Posted: 03 March 2018 12:50:45(UTC)

Confirmed now on the HL website that their new "Active Savings" product is not available inside an ISA or SIPP, but there seems to be hope for the future. From their FAQ:

Quote:
Can I save in an ISA or SIPP?

No, you cannot currently hold any savings products in a SIPP or ISA, although we hope to offer this in future.
2 PagesPrevious page12
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets