Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Another scam website, maybe?
Joe Soap
Posted: 18 June 2017 05:27:53(UTC)

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 90 post(s)
Another scam website, maybe?

http://www.dailyinvestor.co.uk/

About us it says "At Fintech Group we are all professional lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut erat sapien, auctor et bibendum lobortis, sollicitudin eget nisl augue. Maecenas elementum nibh velit, id ornare erat rutrum non interdum."

And under investments it says "You will have your own online office, consectetur adipiscing elit. Fusce vitae orci et mauris.
Duis nec luctus ante. Pellentesque consectetur tortor ac sapien ullamcorper scelerisque sit amet."

In the Help section it says- "WHAT IS FINTECH?
FinTech is a job/ partnership advertisement platform for professionals and companies from creative industries such as information technology, graphic design, audiovisual graphics, engineering, marketing and architecture.

Of course, you could always go their wind energy investment web page if only the links worked. But here it is anyway -

http://www.dailyinvestor.co.uk/wind-investment/

Avoid eh?

Micawber
Posted: 18 June 2017 07:51:57(UTC)

Was thanked: 2134 time(s) in 840 post(s)
This suggests to me merely that the website is being redesigned over a weekend. "lorem ipsum...." is a chunk of text that web designers customarily use to fill out text blocks when designing and testing site layout. The broken link seems likely to be another manifestation of redesign - which should be carried out first on a server folder well away from the primary url accessed by the public, so that the new site design may be uploaded in one go only once completed and tested. So this looks like no more than an unprofessional web design company or individual at work.
chubby bunny
Posted: 19 June 2017 11:15:37(UTC)

Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 81 post(s)
They only have one review on Trustpilot and it looks to be a fake. Cannot find them on 'Google Reviews' or 'Feefo'. Also no sign of them in any of the newspapers they claim to be mentioned in. The website is half finished, can't see any contact details nor find out much about the business other than the website is registered to an office in Brighton. I filled out the form with some fake details and a throwaway e-mail address, so let's see what tripe they send me. Steer clear!
1 user thanked chubby bunny for this post.
Joe Soap on 19/06/2017(UTC)
john jacob
Posted: 11 August 2017 09:20:48(UTC)

I like how websites post "as seen on" and they don't even put links to articles to the magazines. I tried to find the article about them on independent but without success.
dd
Posted: 15 August 2017 11:03:12(UTC)

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I would avoid.
However as has been mentioned, it appears that a website is being created/worked on and the weird latin-looking text is nothing to worry about in itself. There is a remote chance that the company is genuine and the website designer is being very casual, allowing everyone to see each stage of his work. When I created my company's website, I was very careful to keep unfinished pages out of sight. It is unprofessional.
Stephen Sefton
Posted: 30 August 2017 11:10:00(UTC)

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 23 post(s)

In my experience a professional company does not list "half a website". The Lorm Ipsum is indeed a standard text block used by "templates". So this also suggests an amateur piecing together a website from a template.

serious professional companies get a professional job done.

Even the scammers that took me for a ride didn't have half a website with half a template .....
Joe Soap
Posted: 01 September 2017 01:26:21(UTC)

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 90 post(s)
It isn't a half finished website. It's still the same. Judge for yourselves. For me it's a scam and to be avoided. Why bother when there are hundreds (thousands?) of genuine invest websites to use. The bigger concern to me, is that links are appearing to these scam websites on reputable blue chip websites that I and maybe millions of others use.
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets