Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Bargains
Joe Soap
Posted: 15 June 2017 09:06:52(UTC)

Was thanked: 120 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Bargains?

Has anyone mentioned Petrofac?
Recently Redundant and Retired
Posted: 15 June 2017 13:13:51(UTC)

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Joe Soap;47961 wrote:
Bargains?

Has anyone mentioned Petrofac?

Clearly you have a point as it's up 10% today !
Seems to be a lot of bargains about today, they might be even better bargains tomorrow. I doubt Petrofec will be amongst them.
Where is Tony P when you need him ? too busy making money to talk ?
john_r
Posted: 15 June 2017 15:09:32(UTC)

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Sara G;47956 wrote:
That's a good point, dyfed. I suppose the alternative view of that is that Mr Mills is being patient and it's good that he won't invest until he sees a good opportunity... I think I'm feeling ambivalent towards it at the moment because his recent positive statement about future prospects sounded a tad luke warm - and the alternative view of that is that he's being honest! I'll hold for now, but will monitor it closely. (I bet Cueball is topping up though!)

Mills appears to take an interest in smaller companies which need a helping hand and not surprisingly he appears on the board of his holding. He has been joined at Harwood by Stuart Widdowson of Strategic Equity fame who works in a similar manner. A good combination and a definite hold for me.
1 user thanked john_r for this post.
Sara G on 15/06/2017(UTC)
20 Pages«Previous page181920
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets