Share this page:
Stay connected:
Welcome to the Citywire Money Forums, where members share investment ideas and discuss everything to do with their money.

You'll need to log in or set up an account to start new discussions or reply to existing ones. See you inside!

Notification

Icon
Error

Aim shares suggestions wanted
Aimstocks Microcaps
Posted: 23 September 2016 02:25:22(UTC)

By way of an update on this from a new account as I lost the old one.

In the year or so since this last post Cambridge Cognition bought at 80 went down to 40 and back up to 73 now I think. It still looks good I believe.

Frontier IP seems to be doing very well and expanding its investments/co-operation. It has gone from 19 to 37.

Unfortunately I don't have that much in either of them so it hasn't made a massive difference. I did try to buy stock directly from the company but couldn't I guess I should have asked a broker to do that.

Overall it has been a mixed bag but from what I have learned there is huge amount of painful volatility in AIM stocks but it does mean you likely have lots of chances to buy in at low prices so am just going to watch the ones I like and buy them if they crash for spurious reasons.

So I would buy
Cambridge Cognition if it fell from 73 to 40
Frontier IP if it fell 37 to 20
Scisys if it fell 88 to 60
Recently I have come across character group that owns peppa pig and a few different well known media brands not sure where I would buy that but it seems a great small company. I think it owns doctor who and a few other very well known brands.
Also following optibiotix and northamber which if they fell in half would be great buys I imagine.
Northamber is loss making but has lots of property assets.

I am always looking for any ideas or thoughts on these or similar reliable UK owned companies that may do something interesting so if you have ideas on these or simliar please advise.

I do now see why people don't bother with AIM as with the big stocks you can get leverage whereas with aim you can hardly even buy the stock in small amounts. Nevertheless it is can be enjoyable to find well run or interesting companies that could do big things over time.
2 PagesPrevious page12
+ Reply to discussion

Markets

Other markets